The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records. They are:
- The right to inspect and review the student's education records within 45 days of the day 以马忤斯圣经学院 receives a written request for access. 学生应向注册主任提交, dean of education, 教务长或其他适当的官员, 确定他们希望检查的记录的书面请求. 以马忤斯圣经学院 will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. 如果记录不是由提交请求的学院官员保存的, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
- The right to request the amendment of the student's education records that the student believes are inaccurate or misleading. Students may ask 以马忤斯圣经学院 to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. 他们应该写信给负责记录的学院官员, 清楚地指出他们想要更改的记录部分, 并说明为什么它不准确或具有误导性. 如果以马忤斯圣经学院决定不按学生的要求修改记录, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
- The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, 除非FERPA在未经同意的情况下授权披露. One exception which permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. 学校官员是学院在行政管理部门雇用的人员, supervisory, 学术或研究, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the College has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees, 或者是在官方委员会任职的学生, 例如纪律或申诉委员会, 或协助其他学校官员完成他或她的任务. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility. Upon request, 以马忤斯圣经学院 may disclose education records with consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll. NOTE: FERPA requires an institution to make a reasonable attempt to notify the student of the records request unless the institution states in its annual notification that it intends to forward records on request.
- 向美国政府提出申诉的权利.S. 教育部 concerning alleged failures by 以马忤斯圣经学院 to comply with the requirements of FERPA. 管理FERPA的办公室的名称和地址是:
Note: Education Records are those records which contain information directly related to you as a student, and are maintained by an educational agency or institution or by a party acting for the agency or institution. 教育记录不包括个人拥有记录(不为任何人共享的记录).e. 教员笔记), 由执法部门为执法目的而创建和维护的记录, employment records, medical records made and maintained in connection with treatment and disclosed only to individuals providing treatment, records that only contain information about an individual after he or she is no longer a student at that institution, i.e alumni records.
以马忤斯圣经学院 is required by FERPA to inform you of information that we consider "Directory Information". "Directory Information" is that information that is generally not considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. 我们考虑以下“目录信息”:
- Dorm Extension
- E-Mail address
- Weight & 运动员身高
- Class Schedules
- Class Roster
- Field of Study
- Degrees, Honors & Awards (e.g. 院长名单和其他毕业时颁发的个人奖项)
We are legally authorized to disclose the above information unless you inform the Registrar's office in writing within 5 business days from the first day of classes that you do not want this information disclosed. 如果您决定不希望我们披露此信息, remember that means we cannot give any of the above information about you to even your fellow students, friends, or parents. In addition, 您不能被列在内部电话列表中, 夏季地址列表, 毕业典礼上被列为毕业生或被宣布为毕业生的, 或获得任何公开授予的奖励或荣誉, etc.
Directory information does not include your student identification number or social security number.
- The Student Right to Know Act requires that 以马忤斯圣经学院 disseminate information on Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates to all enrolled students or prospective students upon request. If you would like the latest statistics please submit a written request to the Registrar's Office.
- 我们还需要向您报告有关校园安全的信息. 这份报告将另封发给你.
Information regarding our policy on drug and alcohol abuse and the prevention of drug and alcohol abuse is available to you in your copy of the Student Handbook. 补充信息也作为校园安全法的附件提供给您.
参与率的年度报告, financial support and other information on men's and women's intercollegiate athletic programs will be available after October 15 in the Registrar's office. 有关以马忤斯体育项目的公共信息，请访问: http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/details
It is the desire of 以马忤斯圣经学院 to adhere to the accreditation standards of the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). If issues arise causing a student to question the college's adherence to the standards of HLC or ABHE, 应遵循以下程序. 希望提出正式投诉的学生必须以书面形式向以下机构提出:
Israel C. Chavez
It is the teaching and expectation of the college that you follow the Matthew 18 principles of confronting an issue. However, 如果你向学校的权威机构投诉，问题仍然没有解决, 您可以通过以下地址与认证协会联系:
5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Ste. 130
Orlando, FL 32822
以马忤斯圣经学院 provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Federal Rehabilitation Act. Please direct any related questions to the 负责学术事务的副校长 at 563-588-8000 x1103.